Your Greek language specialists

Translation of wedding paperwork

Do you live in the UK and plan to get married in Greece? We can take care of the translation of all your paperwork, prior to and after your wedding.

We have been dealing with couples for the past few years and we understand perfectly your worries and the need to sort out your legal paperwork in a quick and hassle-free way.

We translate English or Greek official documents such as:

  • Birth certificates (full certificates, and not the short version, are needed for a wedding in Greece)
  • Certificates of no impediment to marriage
  • Baptism certificates
  • Decrees absolutes (Divorce)
  • Marriage certificates
  • Statutory declarations
  • Letters from any public authority
  • Deed polls

Note: Passport photocopies do not need translation.

The official translations are produced by certified translators who are members of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IOL) or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) and work in partnership with the Greek Consulate in London.

This means that our translations will be accepted and legalised by the Greek Embassy in London.

If your document is in English, issued in the UK, before you send it to us for translation, you need to post it to the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office for legalisation (i.e get an Apostille stamp affixed). On how to do this, visit

Once your documents have the Apostille stamp, you can scan and email them to

The translation normally takes 3-4 days. For urgent translations, please give us a call on 07887686627 or email us. The cost of translation is 50 GBP per document (1 page). If your document has many pages or if you have 4 or more documents, there will be a discount.

For wedding certificates the cost is £60 for 2 copies of translation.

We send back the translations by First Class Royal Mail. If you wish to receive them by registered post, please let us know and we will do so at an extra cost of 6 GBP.

Santorini islandOnce we send you back the translation, you then need to take it (or send it) along with the original document to the Greek Consulate for the legalisation. No appointment is needed for the legalisation of translations. For opening hours and the cost of the legalisation, please visit the Greek Embassy's website (costs under 'Consular Fees').

If your document is in Greek, it is enough to send us a scanned copy. The produced translation will be official, but in order to find out whether it has to be legalised as well, you need to ask the authority to which you are going to submit the document. Some British authorities do not ask for a legalised translation (they accept a translation from a certified translator), some others do. In the latter case, you need to take it (or send it) to the Greek Consulate for legalisation.

Need some help? Email or call us on +44 7887 686627