Your Greek language specialists

Official translations

The official translations are produced by certified translators who are members of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IOL) or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) and are approved by the Greek Consulate in London. This means that our translations will be accepted and legalised by the Greek Consulate in London.

Please note that we can translate only from the originals or certified copies (by a solicitor) for legal reasons.

If your document is in English, issued in the UK, before you send it to us for translation, you need to post it to the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office for legalisation (i.e get an Apostille stamp affixed). On how to do this, visit

Once your documents have the Apostille stamp, you can scan and email them to

The translation normally takes 3-4 days. For urgent translations, please give us a call on 07887686627 or email us. The cost of translation is 50 GBP per document (1 page). If your document has many pages or if you have 4 or more documents, there will be a discount.

For wedding certificates the cost is £60 for 2 copies of translation.

We send back the translations by First Class Royal Mail. If you wish to receive them by registered post, please let us know and we will do so at an extra cost of 6 GBP.

Once we send you back the translation along with the original document, you then need to take it (or send it) to the Greek Consulate, if you require authentication of the translation for official use. For information on this procedure and the cost of the legalisation, please visit the Greek Consulate's website.

Official documentsIf your document is in Greek, it is enough to send us the original or a certified photocopy (plain photocopies are not accepted). The produced translation will be official, but in order to find out whether it has to be legalised as well, you need to ask the authority to which you are going to submit the document. Some British authorities do not ask for a legalised translation (they accept a translation from a certified translator), some others do ask. In the latter case, you need to take it (or send it) to the Greek Consulate for legalisation.

Types of official documents

We translate from English to Greek and vice versa all types of official document such as:

  • Tax residency letters from HMRC, P60s, tax returns
  • Birth certificates
  • Baptism certificates
  • Decrees absolutes (Divorce)
  • Marriage certificates
  • Certificates of no impediment to marry
  • Deed polls
  • Medical reports/certificates
  • Letters from any British or Greek public authority
  • Insurance policies
  • Statutory declarations
  • Powers of attorney
  • Death certificates
  • Car/driving licenses
  • Car insurance certificates
  • University degree certificates, transcripts
  • Company documents
  • Memorandum, Articles of Association

Need some help? Email or call us on +44 7887 686627